Google Ziets' Yeast and Sourdough Baking Page: Is Light Sourdough Bread A Myth?

Monday 5 August 2013

Is Light Sourdough Bread A Myth?



Perhaps the holy grail of all bakers: how to make a light loaf. This prize has been escaping me for a while now. Even after extensive consultation and blatant, overt picking of brains, my loaves came out on the heavy side. Whatever yeast I was using, the problem remained. Sometimes the loaves did come out reasonably light, but not light enough to my taste.

That is, until two days ago. I reasoned that the problem did not lie in my understanding of the oven and heat flow, nor was it vested in the ingredients. Therefore the problem had to lie in the process. So I sat myself down and started thinking.


...Read More...





Authored by Johan Zietsman.

Reposted from The Hungry Sailor on 2013-08-05

No comments:

Post a Comment