Google Ziets' Yeast and Sourdough Baking Page: The Next Sourdough Experiment: French Loaf

Monday 5 August 2013

The Next Sourdough Experiment: French Loaf





After my last lost argument with my oven, I decided to walk the straight and narrow path of using a recipe slavishly.

Well, that is until I realised that in this oppressive heat in the Western Cape region, room temperature is actually around 30ºC, not 20ºC like the recipe requires for the first part of the rise. And how does one tell the amount of water in the starter?

Well, this is life, I thought and just carried on regardless. The elevated temperature will make the dough rise faster, but I may lose on some of the leavening and perhaps have a different flavour. This was my reasoning at any rate.


...Read More...



Authored by Johan Zietsman.


Reposted from The Hungry Sailor on 2013-08-05

No comments:

Post a Comment