Google Ziets' Yeast and Sourdough Baking Page: Sourdough Loaf With Sunflower and Pumpkin Seeds

Monday 5 August 2013

Sourdough Loaf With Sunflower and Pumpkin Seeds



I was quite pleased with my previous effort at baking bread. Especially with getting past my own fear of trying something new or different. And I am getting withdrawal symptoms!

So the decision went to making a sourdough loaf with sunflower and pumpkin seeds. I consulted my copy of Classic Sourdoughs, Revised by Ed and Jane Wood for ideas. The normal recipe requires all-purpose or white bread flour, but I opted for one cup of rye which I used for the starter, then added two cups of brown bread flour to this. Some salt followed, along with the ¼ cup each of sunflower and pumpkin seeds. I used the seeds raw, as per the recipe. I made bread, using sweetcorn before, which was edible but not really something you want to do often. The taste does not warrant the effort. Better to make a corn loaf with some maize flour added, then use the sweetcorn as an addition.


...Read more...


Authored by Johan Zietsman.

Reposted from The Hungry Sailor on 2013-08-05


No comments:

Post a Comment