Google Ziets' Yeast and Sourdough Baking Page: Sourdough loaves with caraway seeds

Monday 5 August 2013

Sourdough loaves with caraway seeds



Yesterday I got a gentle prompt from the missus that we were running out of bread. Time for another loaf.

The last one was not half bad, having sunflower and pumpkin seeds along with the rye. Although it did not rise as expected, the bread lasted long enough for me to take a loaf on board the yacht for the voyage from Port Owen on the West Coast to Gordon's Bay around Cape Point. Good food to have on board.

I was a bit miffed about my starter after my last baking experiment, until I realised that I may have had the dough too runny and did not allow sufficient rise time.

This time around I made a starter by washing the sourdough, dividing it in two and feeding it white bread flour. (AP flour for my American readers.)


...Read More...


Authored by Johan Zietsman.

Reposted from The Hungry Sailor on 2013-08-05

No comments:

Post a Comment