Google Ziets' Yeast and Sourdough Baking Page: The Next Baguette Experiment Using Sourdough

Monday 5 August 2013

The Next Baguette Experiment Using Sourdough



My first foray into making baguette ended in a success. I was using instant yeast for those, as I was feeling out on a limb a bit. One of the vagaries of blogging is that one's ego tends to get in the way with the cooking and you wish for a resounding success every time.

Well, the world simply does not work that way. However, it is a lot easier on the ego to just define your effort as an experiment. Then most of the results are a success because then you tend to learn a little with each experiment.

Exactly my thinking this time around. I took a deep breath, opened the refrigerator and hauled out my trusty wild sourdough. Time for the next experiment. I had already proved to myself that I can bake a decent baguette, even though it comes out a bit heavier than the industrial ones. Now it was time for the sourdough version a la Ziets.


...Read More...


Authored by Johan Zietsman.

Reposted from The Hungry Sailor on 2013-08-05


No comments:

Post a Comment